MAN v FAT Football provide 14 week, small sided football leagues exclusively designed to support overweight men to improve their physical and mental health. Launched in 2016 by male weight loss specialists, MAN v FAT appeals to men who love football and hate being fat!
What makes these leagues unique is that the league coach weighs each player before their game. Players earn bonus goals for their weight loss so the league is decided not only on points won, but pounds lost.
The leagues have been hugely successful with players losing hundreds of thousands of lbs since the programme launched in January 2016 - this has led to the FA and Sport England endorsing our work and supporting the programme. We now have over 80 leagues across the UK!
Check out our recent appearance on BBC Breakfast here!
We’re looking for a dedicated MAN v FAT Health and Wellbeing Coach to support the players and ensure the smooth running and high performance of our league based at Tamworth Enterprise College (Sundays, from 6 – 7pm). The role would suit an individual who shares our passion for supporting men in making health and lifestyle improvements in order to lose weight.
Please note: this role does not involve training the players on the pitch or instructing exercise of any kind, this is not a football coaching role. This position is about supporting and motivating players, facilitating a safe and effective session and completing league related admin tasks.
More than anything, we are looking for a team player who puts their heart in to their work. We hire based on attitude over traditional skills and experience so if you feel you are right for the job we would love to hear from you! Need more reasons to apply? This role is for you if;
- You’re well organised and can manage time effectively
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have an understanding (or first-hand experience!) of weight loss
- You’re confident using a computer (this role includes some online data entry)
- You have a current First Aid qualification (preferential)
- You have access to your own transport (league equipment will need transporting to and from sessions - full training and equipment is provided to fulfil the role!)
Every person makes MAN v FAT the incredible place it is to work and play together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment our talented people work hard but we ensure lots of fun is thrown in too! We offer you;
- Free membership to a MAN v FAT Football or MAN v FAT Challenge league!
- Employee Health and Wellbeing programmes, such as SilverCloud (our digital Mental Health and Wellbeing platform) and The MAN v FAT Gym
- Access to First Aid and Mental Health First Aid Training
- Access to hundreds of training courses via Litmos Heroes and Thrive Tribe Knowledge
Contract: Permanent / Part Time (3 hours per week)
Salary: Starting at £15 per hour
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is July 15th.
Applicants will be contacted to outline the next stages of the process. Interviews are likely to take place the week commencing July 18th and will be ONLINE VIA Teams.
Location: This job is based in Tamworth with weekly sessions taking place at Tamworth Enterprise College, B77 2NE .
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to have the right to work in the UK.
Learn more about MAN v FAT: www.manvfatfootball.org
Got a question? Contact Karl White - firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that every person has the right to thrive at work, which is why we are committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate. Should you require any specific accommodations in the recruitment process please let us know in your application .
MAN v FAT is brought to you by Thrive Tribe, a healthy lifestyle service provider.